Silver Filling Removal
Dentist in Shaenfield Road, San Antonio, Texas
Over time, the edges of a silver filling can wear down, become weak, or even break. This results in the tooth not being protected, and allows cavities to be generated once again. With age, the metal of a silver filling expands, contracts, and then can split.
Silver fillings contain 50% mercury. Due to this, the fillings can corrode, leak, and cause stains on your teeth and gums.
Our dentist can help safely remove your silver fillings and replace with tooth-colored fillings.
Your First Appointment:
- The old filling is removed along with any additional decay.
- An impression is made of your teeth. A model of your teeth is made and sent to the lab.
- A temporary onlay is placed on the tooth.
At the Lab: A resin is carefully placed into the model of your teeth. It is then designed to look natural.
Your Second Appointment:
- The temporary onlay is removed.
- A conditioning gel is placed on your tooth to prepare it for the new onlay.
- Bonding cement is placed on the tooth and a high-intensity light bonds the resin to the tooth.
- The tooth is then polished.
Your teeth are restored to look and feel natural. They are stronger, and the tooth is protected!